The Engineering manager will lead our team to deliver our new Software as a Service (SaaS) platform. You will collaborate with other product and technology teams, as well as lead a platform team to holistically enhance a robust and efficient client experience. The Engineering manager is responsible for the management and guidance of full-stack software engineering, quality engineering, platform engineering teams and all facets of resource management, budget, and delivery of product roadmap. This leader is passionate about high-quality and on-time products that deliver amazing results to our clients.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Build and drive the vision and strategy of software development with an emphasis on improving execution and team culture
- Provide technical leadership: articulate high-level technical strategy, encourage technical discussions, establish unified principles for software development, and drive the delivery of quality code into production and other development efforts
- Responsible for meeting Customer commitment deadlines
- Support Lead software engineers in the architecture of new services, schemas, and architectures in a complex SaaS environment
- Assure the availability, scalability, and performance of application software your team delivers
- Partner closely with Product Strategy to contribute to the definition of the product roadmap to balance the long-term technical health of the platform and the rapid delivery of compelling features to meet market demand
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure the delivery and success of software engineering team output.
- Manages budgets, operational plans, goals, critical risks, and performance requirements and is responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives
- Direct the ongoing research, evaluation, installation, and usage of automated testing tools for all developed applications.
- Be an expert at agile, continuous delivery, DevOps and TDD/BDD and will champion the culture, processes, and tools required to maintain a frictionless high-quality development environment
- Dive deep into technology and are on the forefront of the latest tools, technologies, and strategies and help evaluate, prototype, and introduce them to our team
- Ideal candidate must be an individual who possesses the following skills:
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years’ experience leading product development delivery teams preferably cloud-based SaaS applications and services
- Strong and detailed knowledge of and experience with modern technology .NET Stack, cloud computing, DevOps, continuous integration, and Agile development methodologies
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with all functions at all levels of the organization
- Work experience that demonstrates a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability to provide oversight for multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience building, operating, and maintaining SaaS applications and services on Azure preferred
- Enterprise and/or systems architecture design experience
- Excellent planning, communication and presentation skills needed, along with a well-rounded technical and business knowledge
- Ability to work with remote and international teams
- Able to work with cross-functional teams within the organization
- English – Advanced level
- Russian/Ukrainian - Upper-intermediate
- Support in relocation to the USA/Canada (you must have U4U visa )
- Competitive salary
- Official employment, 20 days of paid vacation
- Free English lessons
- Flexible work schedule
- Official US Holidays are non-working days
- Paid courses and certifications
- Сoach / psychologist consultation
- Mentoring Education
- Health Insurance
- Fitness Membership
Аbout the project
We are exclusively interested in long-term cooperation.
Our team supports and develops SaaS solutions related to the USA healthcare domain. This solution gives a set of services to our customers to read, collect and process bulk insurance-related data. The system itself is connected to multiple data sources in various ways.
This is a multi-tier system that consists of a data warehouse, middleware and front-end layers. It's built on a .NET stack using ASP.NET. Core, Web API, message queuing, windows services, and a set of microservices.